Saturday 20 August 2011

[Song] Three Bears

As an absolute beginner, my current chosen Reading Materials are Korean children stories and songs. I am not going to attempt the "1st Shop of Coffee Prince" the novel just yet. Even the children's ones are too much for me at the present (since I am only six days into my study), but that's where my new Korean dictionary comes in.

I am planning to make a post of each song and story that I read.

My very first song choice is the "Three Bears" song that was featured in the K-drama "Full House". The video is so very cute ^ ^.


"곰 세 마리" (Three Bears)

곰 세 마리가 한집에 있어 Three bears in one house
kom se ma-ri-ga han-ji-bae-i-sseo
아빠곰 엄마곰 애기곰 Daddy bear mummy bear baby bear
a-ppa-gom eom-ma-gom ae-gi-gom
아빠곰은 뚱뚱해 Daddy bear is chubby
a-ppa-gom-eun ttung-ttung-hae
엄마곰은 날씬해 Mummy bear is slim
eom-ma-gom-eun nal-ssin-hae
애기곰은 너무 귀여워 Baby bear is so cute
ae-gi-gom-eun na-mu gwi-yeo-wo
히쭉히쭉 잘한다 *Shrug**shrug* well done
hi-jjuk-hi-jjuk chal-han-da
곰 세 마리가 한집에 있어 Three bears in one house
kom se ma-ri-ga han-ji-bae-i-sseo
아빠곰 엄마곰 애기곰 Daddy bear mummy bear baby bear
a-ppa-gom eom-ma-gom ae-gi-gom
아빠곰은 뚱뚱해 Daddy bear is chubby
a-ppa-gom-eun ttung-ttung-hae
엄마곰은 날씬해 Mummy bear is slim
eom-ma-gom-eun nal-ssin-hae
애기곰은 너무 귀여워 Baby bear is so cute
ae-gi-gom-eun na-mu gwi-yeo-wo
히쭉히쭉 잘한다 *Shrug**shrug* well done
hi-jjuk-hi-jjuk chal-han-da

I am including a vocabulary list here of all the new words (basically the whole song), but I am sure as the time passes and I acquire more Korean, the vocabulary list would get gradually shorter and shorter in my future posts.

NEW WORDS
1. bear
2. three (native Korean number used before counters, native number 3 is 셋)
3.마리 counting unit or measuring word for animals
4. subject particle, 가 is used when the word it is attaching to ends in a vowel, if the subject noun ends in a consonant then 이 got to be used
5. one (native Korean number used before counters, the native number 1 is 하나)
6. home, house
7. [1] in, at, on (indicates a static location); [2] at (time); [3] to (destination). In this song 에 means 'in'
8.있어 to have; there is/are
9.아빠 dad, daddy
10.엄마 mum, mummy
11.애기 baby
12. topic particle: "as for". 은 is used when the noun ends in a consonant, 는 is used when the noun ends in a vowel
13.뚱뚱 fat, overweight, plum, chubby
14. to do, to be
15.날씬 thin, slim, slender
16.너무 too, so, overly
17.귀여워 cute, lovely, adorable, charming, sweet
18.으쓱 shrugging motion
19.잘한다 do something well, good at

No comments: