Tuesday 8 November 2011

[Song] White Love Story - As One

Coffee Prince is my very first K-drama and will always remain my favourite. I like all the songs in the OST, but "White Love Story" by As One is just the best.

"1st Shop of Coffee Prince" Synopsis

Go Eun Chan (Yoon Eun Hye) is a 24-year-old tomboy who is often mistaken for a guy. She works every job possible to pay off debts and support her mother and younger sister. Choi Han Kyul (Gong Yoo) is the heir of a big food company in his late 20s, who appears to be idle and prefers having no responsibilities.

Eun Chan accidentally meets Han Kyul twice, once on her food delivery round and once during a robbery. Han Kyul mistook Eun Chan for a pretty young man and decides to hire her as his "gay" lover to escape the blind dates arranged by his grandmother. Eun Chan accepts as she desperately needs the money.

After getting an ultimatum from his grandmother due to the blind date debacle, Han Kyul takes over a run-down coffee shop to show the women in his life that he is not useless. The coffee shop is named "Coffee Prince" and only employs good-looking young man in order to attract more female clientele. Eun Chan, in need of money, hides her gender and gets a job at the coffee shop and becomes one of the princes. Soon, feelings start to spark between Eun Chan and Han Kyul. Because Han Kyul believes Eun Chan is a guy, he starts to question his own sexuality.

Credit: sunling87bit

This song is featured at the end of Episode 6: Sixth Cup,

Han Kyul drags Eun Chan outside, staring at her intensely and says, “Let’s hug once.”

Then he stammers in trying to explain himself, “I can’t think straight because of you. Let’s just hug once. Then I think I can figure things out.”

Startled, Eun Chan asks what’s wrong with him and tries to move away. Han Kyul grabs her in a hug …

"White Love Story" by As One

처음엔 알지 못했어 I didn't know at first
cheo-eu-men al-ji mot-hae-sseo
나를 보는 그대의 그 눈빛이 the look in your eyes, when you look at me
na-reul bo-neun keu-dae-i keu nun-bi-chi
왜 그렇게 안타까웠는지 why you were anxious like that
we keu-reo-ge an-ta-kka-wot-neun-ji
언제나 묻고 싶던 말 I always wanted to ask
eon-che-na mut-ko sip-deon mal
아주 조금 내맘 알고 있는지 if you understood just a little of my heart
a-ju cho-geum nae-mam al-go it-neun-ji
한번도 얘기한적 없었지만 although I never told you
han-beon-do yae-gi-han-jeok eop-seot-ji-man
이젠 아는데 그대도 나처럼 Now I know, like me, you also
i-jen a-neun-de keu-dae-do na-cheo-reom
하루하루 헤매였던걸 were lost and wandering every day
ha-ru-ha-ru hae-mae-yeot-deon-geol
잠들수 없이 너무 아파 했었다는 걸 I cannot fall asleep, it hurt so much
cham-deul-su eop-si neo-mu a-pa hae-sseot-da-neun geol
손을 잡아요 Take my hand
so-neul cha-ba-yo
다시는 그대를 놓지 않을게 I won’t let go of you again
ta-si-neun keu-dae-reul no-ji a-neul-kae
사랑해요 내가 숨쉬는 날까지 I love you, as long as I breathe
sa-rang-hae-yo nae-ga sum-swi-neun nal-kka-ji
그대로 멈춰버렸죠 Things stood still
keu-dae-ro meom-chwo-beo-ryeot-jyo
나에겐 늘 모질게만 대하던 그대가 you, who'd always treated me harshly,
na-e-gen neul mo-jil-ge-man dae-ha-deon keu-dae-ga
날 보며 웃어주던날 looked and smiled at me that day
nal bo-myeo eu-seo-ju-deon-nal
이젠 아는데 그대도 나처럼 Now I know, like me, you also
i-jen a-neun-de keu-dae-do na-cheo-reom
하루하루 헤매였던걸 were lost and wandering every day
ha-ru-ha-ru hae-mae-yeot-deon-geol
잠들수 없이 너무 아파 했었다는 걸 I cannot fall asleep, it hurt so much
cham-deul-su eop-si neo-mu a-pa hae-sseot-da-neun geol
손을 잡았죠 Hold my hand
so-neul cha-ba-jyo
다시는 나를 놓지 말아요 don’t let go of me again
da-si-neun na-reul no-ji ma-ra-yo
사랑해요 내가 눈감는 날까지 I love you, till the day I close my eyes in rest
sa-rang-hae-yo nae-ga nun-gam-neun nal-kka-ji
울지 않아요 I won’t cry
ul-ji a-na-yo
이제 그대 내곁에 있으니 Now you’re by my side
i-je keu-dae nae--kyeo-te i-sseu-ni
고마워요 이렇게 모자란 내게 I am incomplete like this, thank you
ko-ma-wo-yo i-reot-ge mo-ja-ran nae-ge
그대를 선물해줘서 for giving me the gift of you
keu-dae-reul seon-mul-hae-jwo-seo

NEW WORDS
1.처음 first/first time, initially, beginning
2. 엔 is shortened from of 에는. -에 and 에는 are inter-changeable, add 는 when needing to emphasise the noun.
  • [1] in, at, on (indicates a static location);
  • [2] at, on, in (time);
  • [3] to (destination).
In this case 에 is a time particle so [2]
3.알(다) to know, to learn, to have (good) knowledge (of), to be familiar (with), to understand
4. can't, won't, unable to, incapable. It is an adverb and must immediately proceed a verb.
5.했(다) did, past tense of verb stem of 하다
6. I (plain)
7. It is an object-making particle. It marks the object of the sentence, the noun that the verb of the sentence is acting upon. 를 is used in this instance because the pronoun 나 ends in a vowel, when the noun ends in a consonant then 을 is used.
8.나를 me ("I" as the object)
9.보는 watching, looking (at), seeing. It is the verb stem of 보(다) + topic making particle 는. 보(다) means "to see, too watch, to look (at), to catch sight (of), to set eyes on, to spot, to witness
10.그대의 your. It is the pronoun 그대 "you" + the possessive particle 의
11.눈빛이 a look in ones's eyes. 눈 means "eyes, vision"; 빛 means "light, ray, gleam, twinkle, glimmer, glow, beam, flash"; 눈빛 means "light in someones's eyes, the look"
12. why
13.그렇게 so, like that, in that manner, (in) that way
14.안타까워 too bad, sad, anxious, pitiful, regrettable
15.는지 if, or, either ... or, whether or not
16.언제나 always, whenever
17.묻다 to ask
18.고 싶다 would like to, want to
19.아주 very, really, quite, so, extremely
20.조금 a little bit,a bit, a little, some, a few
21.아주 조금 just a little [bit], in a small quantity
22.내맘 my heart
23.한번도 not once, ever, at no time
24.얘기하다 to talk, to have a conversation, to tell, to speak, to chat (with about), to gossip
25.지만 though, although, but, however
26.이젠 now, from now on. It is the contracted form of 아제는.
27.아는데 know
28.처럼 like
29.하매다 wander around, roam (around)
30. a retrospective marker, it indicates things that happened in the past on a regular basis (i.e. a habitual action). It is used when the speaker thinks back about facts, experiences, or events.
  • - is always followed by a noun;
  • - can be used with any verb but is mostly used with action verbs;
  • - when attached to a verb in the present tense it refers to facts, events, or experiences that regularly happened in the past i.e. a situation continued for a while and then changed;
  • - when attached to a verb in the past tense it refers to a fact, event, or experience that happened just once in the past or a past state at a certain point of time.
31.잠들다 to fall asleep, go to sleep, get to sleep
32.수 없다 inability, lack of capability, impossible. Similar to 못. 잠들수 없다 means "cannot fall asleep".
33.너무 so, too, overly
34.아프다 pain, painful, sick, sore, ill, hurt, ache
35. hand
36.잡다 to catch, to take, to grasp, to grip, to seize
37.다시 again, once again, once more
38.놓다 [1] to put, to place, to put down, to let go, to release; [2] to build, to install, to construct
39.지 않을게 won't, will ever. ~지 않다 means "be not, do not" used for negative sentence.
40.숨쉬다 to breathe, to draw one's breath, to take breath
41. day
42.까지 to, until
43.그대로 as it is, as it stands, intact, same, still, literally
44.멈춰버렸 stopped. 멈추다 means "to stop, to cease, to halt"; 바리다 means "[1] to throw away, to dump, to desert, to leave, to abandon, to give up; [2] to spoil, to destroy, to impair"
45.나에겐 to me, of me, on me, for me
46. always, all the time, the whole time
47.모질게 대하다 treat sb hard (badly, harshly), be hard (harsh, severe) on, deal harshly with. 모질다 means "hard (on), harsh, heartless, severe with"; 대하다 "to treat sb/sth (with/as/like)"
48.~(으)며 [1] while, as, over, during; [2] while doing something; [3] and - used to connect two clauses like 고
49.주다 to give, to present
50.~지 말다 don't do ..., cease doing, quit doing ...
51.눈감다 to die, to pass away, to breathe one's last
52.울다 to cry, to weep, to howl, to wail
53.내곁에 at my side. 내 means "my"; 곁 means "side"
54.으니 as, so, since, because (of), for
55.고마워요 thank you
56.이렇게 this, like this, (in) this way
57.모자라다 [1] to be short (of), to be insufficient, to be deficient; [2] slow witted, dull, stupid, half-witted
58.선물하다 to give a gift, to present a gift. 선물 means "present"; 하다 means "to do"
59.줘서 for

No comments: